Big Bad Boo Animation Studios is seeking an experienced preschool Story Editor for a new 2D animated preschool series.Key Responsibilities
- Oversee and create a unique and uniform voice for the show and characters with creative execs
- Act as Head Writer while managing writers, and assistant writers to develop story ideas, concepts and scripts
- Manage the writing team's delivery, including developing story ideas with the writers to take scripts from premise to final draft.
- Work with creative execs to maintain the vision of the series
- Work closely with the writers on each draft of their story and script, providing feedback on the quality of their work, suggesting improvements and overseeing fixes
- Have the ability to tell a story in a quick and clear way
- Confers with production head regarding selection of writers and material
- Ensure scripts are delivered on time and suitable for production with expected running times, and creative continuity
- MUST have 3+ years of experience writing for preschool series and come with a full portfolio of sample work.
- MUST have a solid command of the English language, as well as knowledge and understanding of script structure, for an animated show and the editing process.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and deliver on schedule
- Strong leadership skills
- Degree or diploma
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Multi-tasker and self-starter
- If interested please send link to resume and online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Serious inquiries only.
- Full - time contract position.
- Please note: successful applicants must be Canadian citizens or possess landed immigrant status, or be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Location: Vancouver, BC. Will consider other locations.